External Award Load Batch Process FAPPKEAL not Selecting Unprocessed Records After Error With Original Batch
(Doc ID 2547571.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An instance of the batch external award load process results in some portion of the records being processed, and the rest remaining unprocessed, due to an error that caused the process to halt in the middle of the batch. After resolving the error, and attempting to re-run the process to load the remaining records, nothing happens. The expectation is the students should be selected and processed based on having been marked or left unprocessed on the View External Award Detail component (SFA_EA_LOAD_DTL table).
As an example, one school saw the process halt due to a system problem (data deadlock) not directly related to the external award application functionality. However, the scenario could be observed in any situation where the batch load process encountered an error, causing the program to halt in the middle of processing the batch.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > External Awards > Load External Awards > Load External Awards.
- Enter parameters.
- Run the process.
- Review Process Monitor and note the process errors.
- Review View External Award Load detail or SFA_EA_LOAD_DTL to note which records processed and which did not.
- Resolve the conditions which caused the error. (This step will obviously vary depending on the specific situation.)
- Re-do steps 1-3.
- Review Process Monitor and note the process ended successfully.
- Click process details, View Log/Trace, and FAPPKEAL log file, and note that it says "0 EXTERNAL AWARDS SELECTED FOR POSTING" and "0 STUDENTS PROCESSED".
- Review SFA_EA_LOAD_DTL and note that the records left unprocessed the first time still did not process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document