Security Error When Multiple Users Are Entering Projects Using Copy Project
(Doc ID 2559204.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When project tree security is enabled and two users create new projects using the Project Copy utility with the Update Tree option to insert the projects into the same tree, although both projects are created, only one is inserted into the tree.
The remaining user will not be able to access the project they just created but instead receives an error:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Enable User ID level security with Project as the secured field.
2) Set up two users with read/write permission to a project security tree.
3) Each user logs in separately and opens the Copy Project page. The Update Tree fields need to be populated with the same tree.
4) Each user attempts to create a new project at the same time with the Copy page.
5) Both projects are created but only one is inserted into the project security tree. The user who created the other project will received a security error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document