E-SEC: Unable To Signin Through External Site To PeopleSoft. Got 403-Forbidden.
(Doc ID 2559765.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.56 version, Security
Issue reported on PT8.56.16.
When attempting to signin, through an external site that contains the User ID/Password fields and Signin button that will log the user to PeopleSoft, the following error occurs.
External site: https://www.<domain name>.<top level domain name>/<site>/Pages/<page>.aspx
Upon login, the user should be taken to PeopleSoft - Internal site (target page): https://<server>:<port>/psp/<site name>/<portal>/<node>/c/NUI_FRAMEWORK.PT_LANDINGPAGE.GBL?cmd=login
- Issue happens in Chrome and Firefox. It does not happen in Internet Explorer.
- Issue does not happen if logging in from PeopleSoft signon page.
- Fiddler trace shows that the request to the PeopleSoft Landing Page is denied (403 - Forbidden).
- Landing page is not loaded and the following error is displayed in the browser:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open the External Site - site is public (www.<domain name>.<top level domain name>/<site>/Pages/<page>.aspx)
External site contains the User ID/Password fields and Signin button that will log the user to PeopleSoft.
2. Enter user's credentials to login to PeopleSoft. Click the Signin button.
3. Landing page is not loaded. Error is shown in browser page: 403 Forbidden
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document