Non-numeric Template Variables Not Pulling Through In Notifications
(Doc ID 2560466.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Template variables on Notification Templates are not pulled in when defined as text strings (%name, %place, %concept). They only work when defined as a number (%1, %2, %3).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Generic Templates, 3 Template Variables defined
2. Notification setup, A notification template id is created of notification type Email for the generic template
3. A PS Query is created to return emplid, firstname and lastname of one student
4. A notification consumer id is created for the template,
5. Run the Batch Notification process using pop select query designed aboove
6. Process runs to success but the variable data in the email is not being pulled and the message shows as 'dear %FIRSTNAME %LASTNAME'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document