Manufacturer ID with special character in the name is causing an error when creating a PO and doing contract id lookup. A SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
(Doc ID 2563271.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 17, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The system allows users to create Manufacturers, MFG_ID, to be created with special characters, including the apostrophe ('). This is causing an error when creating a PO and doing a Contract ID lookup.
The error is A SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate Items-->Define Controls-->Manufacturers
2. Add a new Manufacturers. Make sure the name has an apostophe (Bar's Products)
3. Enter a Description
4. Click Save
5. Navigate to Items-->Define Items and Attributes-->Define Item
6. Click on Manufacturers link
7. Add the Manufacturer defined in above step.
8. Click Ok then click Save
9. Navigate Purchasing-->Purchase Orders-->Add/Update PO's
10 Add a new po
11. Enter Supplier ID
12. Add the item defined above with the manufacturer
13. Add Qty
14. Click on Item Information tab. Verify that (Bar's Products) defaulted
15. CLick on Contract tab
16. Click on Contract lookup prompt.
17. Get the error A SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document