KK Tables Exist After Failing Budget Check and then Canceling the Purchase Order
(Doc ID 2566036.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create a PO in an open period, subsequently close the period and budget check. It will error out. Change the accounting date to be in the new period and then cancel the PO. Then save the PO. It will cancel the PO and leave KK tables adrift.
1) Turn on Commitment Control for Purchasing
2) GO to Purchasing Definition for the BU and Effective Date the Row and then make Open Period Error
3) Go to Open Periods for the BU and for Trans Type POR set the following:
From Year: 2018
From Period: 10
To Year: 2018
To Period: 11
4) Add a PO and go to Header Details and choose an accounting date in Oct 2018
5) Go to the PO Defaults page and add the account and the department
6) Go to the schedule page and click on the distributions icon
7) Change the account here too
8) Click on the Budget Information Tab
9) Verify the Budget Date = Accounting Date:
10) Return to the main PO page and budget check the PO - it will got error.
11) Now close period 10 (October) in Open Period Update
12) Go back to the PO and click on the red x to cancel it.
13) Click ok on the messages that come up
14) GO to PO Header Details and change the accounting date to be within the open period (A date in November) Click OK
15) Save the PO and then it will say it was canceled.
16) If you query the KK tables, the data was not removed.
See replication steps here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document