Careers Page Search Jobs Placeholder Text Accessibility Issue - 508
(Doc ID 2567926.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Other Issue with Candidate Gateway
Careers Page Search Jobs Placeholder Text Accessibility Issue.
The Search Jobs input field on the Careers page has a placeholder text indicating the terms that can be used to search (search by job title, location or keyword). The placeholder may not be available to assistive technology and should not be relied upon to convey an accessible name or description as it acts similar to fallback content. In instances where the users have already typed something in the input field, the placeholder text is cleared and will not be announced to screen reader users.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Main Menu > Careers
This placeholder text is NOT available when using:
• A desktop computer running Windows 7, using JAWS 2018 with IE 11 and tabbing to the field
• A Nexus 6 running Android 7.1.1 with Chrome and Talkback and swiping to the field.
The placeholder text IS available when using:
• An iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.6 with Safari and VoiceOver and swiping to the input field.
But when the user begins to input text into the Search input field, the placeholder attribute visually disappears and is no longer available to assistive technologies.
This behavior occurs when using:
• Desktop computer running Windows 7, using IE11 and the keyboard alone
• A desktop computer running Windows 7, using JAWS 2018 with IE 11
• A Nexus 6 running Android 7.1.1 with Chrome and Talkback
• An iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.6 with Safari and VoiceOver
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document