E-PIA: Using Screen Reader Mode Causes Grid Sorting To Not Return The Top Results
(Doc ID 2571567.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A grid on a specific HCM page is not sorting correctly when 'Screen Reader' mode is turned ON. When the page opens, it is not showing the top 50 rows when personalizing the sort by EMPLID. It shows the last 9 rows only.
The grid should show the top 50 results.
1) Tested on HCM 9.2 Image 24 and 8.56.11. Login with PS/PS
2) Go to Workforce Admin > Job Information > Job Data
3) Open where Name begins with 'A" to gt many results.
4) Open the first result.
5) Select "Correct History" button at the bottom of the page.
6) Go to the "Job Information" page.
7) Scroll down and add "KU0007" EMPLID to the "Supervisor ID" field.
8) SAVE the changes.
9) Select "Next In List" button.
10) Repeat steps 7-10.....45 times or so. The reason is when we open the grid for Betty Lockerty (KU007) she needs to see 50+ results. The issue only occurs with 50 or more rows.
11) Go to: Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > View Employee Personal Info
12) Enter today's date and continue....You should see 50+ employees in the grid.
13) Select Grid Action Menu button > Personalize
14) Go to the "Empl ID" row and change "Sort Order" to 1. Click OK to do the sort order.
- The grid results are returned with the correct sort order and the first 50 are shown.
- When logging out and logs back in, and opens the grid, only the last 9 emps are showing even through the grid count shows "1-50 of 57". Also the 9 that are showing are the last 9 in the grid...not the first 9.
The issue occurs only when three conditions occur:
1) There are many rows in the grid (40 or more).
2) When "Screen Reader Mode" is turned ON.
3) When Grid Personalizations are used on the grid.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document