EGM: Copying Proposals Without Budgets Is Not Copying The Periods All Together.
(Doc ID 2572684.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Award Profile
Copying Proposals with Copy Budgets unchecked is not copying the budget periods altogether on the budgets tab of the proposal. Due to this, the user cannot add budgets for this copied proposal
Copying Proposals with Copy Budgets unchecked should copy the budget periods on the budgets tab of the proposal but with blank values so that the user can populate the budget amounts as needed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Demo, use an existing Proposal that has budgets defined. In demo EGV05/CON000000000028 has budgets defined for multiple periods
2. Grants > Proposals > Copy proposal. Open the proposal to copy
3. When copying, uncheck the "Copy" check box against the budgets and then do copy
4. The new proposal gets created
5. Navigate to Budget tab. There are no budget periods rows. When click on the first budget period, it takes to a page where you can create budgets. But since no budget periods are assigned, the message says "No matching values are found"
6. User cannot add budgets periods or budgets for those periods because there is no "Add a new Value"
The main problem is that when copying the proposal without checking the Copy for budgets, the budget periods needs to be copied over to Proposal Budgets but with blank values so the user can add the amounts as needed.
Work around is to modify the Budget Period dates (start/end date of atleast one period) on the Proposal tab and save. Then revert back the changes. The save event will populate the Budget periods on the Budget tab of the proposal
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document