CRM: Accessibility Issues On The Add Case Page (which Will Be Used By A Blind User)
(Doc ID 2572828.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM HelpDesk - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accessibility issues described in the below steps on the Add Case page (which will be used by a blind user)
1. Log in with Accessibility Mode turned on.
2. Navigate to: Analyst Service Center > Add Case – focus is on the problem summary field – press shift tab to go up the page to search for/select a customer
3. BUG IN ACCESSIBILITY MODE #1: Cannot navigate up the page by using the keyboard (as a blind user would) – NOTE: you can only select a customer after trying to save (and it errors saying you need to select a customer)
4. Manually clicked the browser url box to go to the top of the page – tab down until you reach the case details tabs – press arrow key, can’t select the next tab over (Solution), press TAB which goes to the tab expansion button at the end
Press enter – the tabs are expanded but it’s still not possible to select any of the tabs using the keyboard (unless you go right to the bottom of the page where these tab links also appear – since there are so many fields on the page this isn’t an acceptable workaround).
BUG IN ACCESSIBILITY MODE #2 (Cannot select any tabs (besides the first tab) when using the keyboard only)
5. Tab down the page until you reach the Main tab
6. BUG IN ACCESSIBILITY MODE #3: Case Information section: cannot select the More tab using the keyboard (the More link is not accessible at all on this page when using the keyboard only).
7. Task tab: BUG IN ACCESSIBILITY MODE #4: Cannot select the Add Task and Add Task Group buttons when using the keyboard only
8. Press TAB – cannot access the add task or add task group buttons
Task tab: BUG IN ACCESSIBILITY MODE #5: Cannot select any tabs (besides the first tab)
9. Interested Parties tab: BUG IN ACCESSIBILITY MODE #6: Cannot select anything on the grid Interested Parties (it skips over) and cannot be selected by user that only uses the keyboard
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document