EAM9.2: While Approving Asset Disposal Getting "A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred" Error For Users Having OPRID Length More Than 11 Characters
(Doc ID 2573346.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While Approving Asset disposal getting Fatal Peoplecode SQL error for few users those have OPRID length more than 11 characters.
The disposal can be approved when approvals are done through worklist, but the APPROVER_ID is saved as truncated to 11 characters.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Copy VP2 user to another new user with at least 12 character length: RAMCHARANTEJA
2. Copy VP1 user to another new user: CHARAN. User RAMCHARANTEJA is the supervisor for CHARAN.
3. Add CHARAN as asset owner & select ‘Retire Approval Required’
4. Log in as CHARAN. Add an asset with category FF so that it goes for approval when submitted for disposal.
5. Go to Disposal worksheet, select the asset created & submit for disposal.
6. Log in as approver i.e. RAMCHARANTEJA. Click on Approval tile
7. Attempt to approve the disposal
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Note: OPRID referenced above is created for demo purpose & has no relevance with any real time OPRID used in any system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document