Emergency Contacts - First operand of . is NULL error while Deleting Row When 'same As Mine' Number Is Present
(Doc ID 2573414.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to delete a emergency contact's phone number when another number is present that's a 'same as mine' number, the delete isn't successful,the following error occurs.
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member Find.
HR_FL.ESS.EmergencyContacts.OnExecute Name:CallCI PCPC:59475 Statement:943
Called from:HR_FL.ESS.EmergencyContacts.OnExecute Name:SaveRow Statement:192
Called from:HR_EMERG_CNTCT_FL.GBL.DERIVED_HR_FL.SAVE_PB.FieldChange Statement:1
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Self Service > Personal Information > Personal Details , then select Emergency Contacts tab
2. Add two phone numbers for the contact, with one being ‘same as mine’ (may need to enter a phone number for the account you’re using)
3. Delete the phone number that is not ‘same as mine’
4. Click Save
5. May get error message at this point, or it may appear to save successfully
6. After Save Successful or error message, navigate back to the contact’s details. The phone number still appears:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document