Future Dated Position Data in New Fluid Position Management Feature are Not Accessible
(Doc ID 2575838.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer reports the following problems with Future Dated Position Data in new Fluid Position Management Feature:
1. When a new Position is added via the new Fluid Position Management system using a Future Effective Date, the Position Details cannot be viewed by the approver, so they cannot see what they are approving.
2. When a new Position is Future Dated and approved (Despite problem #1), the Position Details cannot be viewed via the Fluid Manage Positions Tile. It can be viewed in the Fluid Position Administration, Position Summary and Position History pages but the Position Details, where all the information needed to be seen, is not available.
Both of these issues are strictly with Future Dated Positions. Neither of these problems exist if the Effective Date is today or earlier.
1. No matching values were found – Approver cannot see what it is they are approving.
2. No matching values were found – Unable to view Future Dated records.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Replication steps from PUM31. Steps to enable Fluid Position Management must be done first including checking Fluid Position Management Installation Option and running POS_SYNC_FLU App Engine program to populate the new Fluid Position Management table (POSITION_DATA_E).
1. Sign on to Image 31 using PS/PS.
2. Go to Workforce Administrator Homepage
3. Click the Position Management Tile
4. Click the Manage Positions Tile
5. Enter 1900003 in the Position Number search box then click Search
6. Click on Position 19000003
7. Click the Clone button
8. Enter Position Number 19000008 (This is an unused number in the 190 series)
9. Enter a Future Effective Date (I.E. Today is 7/26/19 so I am entering 08/01/19)
10. We are going to leave all the fields for this new position (19000008) the same as the position (19000003) we are cloning from so we click Next 4 times to navigate through all the Activity Guide Pages.
11. Click Submit – Approval is routed to Approver1
12. Go to Approver1 User Profile and unlock it. Also Add HR Administrator Role so new Fluid Position Management Permission is granted.
13. Sign Out
14. Sign back in using Approver1
15. Click on Approvals Tile
16. Click on Create Position approval row
17. Click on View Position Details link
18. No matching values were found – Approver cannot see what it is they are approving.
19. Close the window from #18
20. Click Approve even though you don’t know what you are approving
21. Enter “Don’t know what I am approving since this is future dated” in the Approver Comments then click Submit
22. Sign Out
23. Sign back on with PS/PS
24. Go to Workforce Administrator Homepage
25. Click the Position Management Tile
26. Click the Position Administration Tile
27. Enter 190 in the Position Number field then click Search
28. Note that our new Position (19000008) is in the Search Results so it got added
29. Click < Position Management at upper left to go back to the Position Management Dashboard
30. Click the Manage Position Tile
31. Enter 19000008 in the Position Number box then click Search
32. Click on 19000008 row
33. Click the View Details icon at the extreme right
34. No matching values were found – Unable to view Future Dated records.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document