EPY: PYAP_XDEDN Abends With Duplicate Key Error When Deduction Is Split To Multiple AP Business Units
(Doc ID 2576312.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 11, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PYAP_XDEDN abends with Duplicate Key error (805) when deduction is split to multiple AP business units
The “Non-Tax Deductions Extract” process (PYAP_XDEDN) fails with a duplicate key (unique constraint) error when attempting to extract data from general deductions for employees who have deductions that are split to multiple AP business units. The error occurs on the step that inserts Extract Header records (PYAP_XDEDN.EXTRACT.HDR-DED). The SQL in this step does not join on key field SEQNO, and therefore it selects all deduction split rows instead of only the ones associated with the AP business unit currently being processed.
Below are the data scenario details:
• A general deduction is configured with a Vendor ID and Pay Mode
• The associated Vendor has HCM Class “D” (general deduction payee)
• HR Business Units are mapped to different AP Business Units
• An employee has an Earnings Distribution (job data) with multiple distribution rows, each mapped to a different HR Business Unit (which results in different AP business units)
• The employee has the general deduction assigned
• The company is configured with Distribute Expense = “Yes” (on the GL Accounts modal page)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. On Job Earnings Distribution the employee's salary is mapped to multiple HR Business Unit that is mapped to different AP Business Unit and enroll him into a general deduction.
2. Confirm a payroll
3. Run PAYGL01
4. Run the PYAP_XDEDN process
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document