HR: Incorrect Reporting in Direct Reports when Reports To is Changed for Empty Positions
(Doc ID 2579803.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Org chart showing the employee is reporting to 3rd level instead of 2nd level when 1st level is empty position.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Job Data, select 'Employee A', add new row and Terminate as of current date.
2. Navigate to Position Data, select 'Position A' (which is the Position of Employee A) and change Report To from 'Position B' to 'Position C'as of current date.
3. Build Direct Reports Tables for all access type, full rebuild
4. Build Company Directory Tree with Build Method: By Part Posn Mgmt Supervisor and 'Root Node: CEO of the Company' as of current date
5. Build Company Directory Index
6. Navigate to Company Directory, search for 'Employee B' (or any other of of Employee A's Direct Reports), and view Org Chart
7. Note 'Employee B' is not reporting to 'Position C' as per the Position Data changes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document