Alert & Notification Process Sending Emails to Employees Who Do Not Have Email Address on Their User Profile
(Doc ID 2584507.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Benefits Administration - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Alert & Notification process is set up to send email reminders to employees who have not completed their Open Enrollment using a PS Query. Instead of failing, skipping the employee in error, or creating an error listing for employees returned by this query who do not have an email address on their User Profile, the process sends emails to the email address of the previous employee who does have one.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a query to select employees to receive emails, including both employees with and without email addresses (Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query Manager).
- Create Alert Definition (Navigation: Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications > Alerts > Alert Definition)
- Run Alert Definition (Navigation: Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications > Alerts > Run Alerts).
- Check the Notification Dashboard (Navigation: Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications > Notifications Framework > Notifications Dashboard).
- Check PS_EOEN_AL_CTX using SQL.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document