Population Update or 3C Engine Fail with Error 'ABENDED at Step 3CENGINE.POPSEL.Step01 (PeopleCode) on PeopleTools 8.57.05 When Processing Large Files
(Doc ID 2584923.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 21, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Population Update Process, or Run 3C Engine process fail when loading a large file about 4,500 lines long or a CSV file with 12k rows result in Abend when in PeopleTools 8.57.05.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Sign in to PIA as PS to CS 9.2/Tools 8.57.05
2. Navigate to Campus Community > Checklists > Run 3C Engine
3. Add new Run Control with the following options checked/selected.
- Process 3Cs - Check "Population Selection"
- Academic Institution: PSUNV
- Administrative Function: GEN
- Event ID: WEBNOTIF
- Population Selection section:
- Selection Tool: External File
- Upload a CSV file with 12k rows
4. Click the Create File Mapping link
5. A new window will pop up, name it something, then edit the Field Numbers to make EMPLID 1 and Institution 2.
6. Click OK and Click Save
7. Click Run -- process fails with the Run 3C Engine error above
8. Click Preview Selection Results on the Run Control -- the same error appears
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document