E-AD/E-ORA: Generated Build Script For Oracle Databases Results In Different Datatypes For Fields, Compared Against When Application Designer Executes The Build
(Doc ID 2587013.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 10, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.53 version, Application Designer
Issue also replicates on PT 8.57.04.
Use case: Creating a clone record from a delivered record, for archiving purposes.
Application Designer builds records differently if Build Execution Option is set to Execute SQL vs. Build Script file.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Application Designer, open a Record Definition that contains a Char(30) Field.
2. Build - Create Table / Record, using Execute SQL now.
3. Using SQLplus, execute command DESC on the created record to inspect the Char(30) Field.
4. DESC shows (using field LINE_DESCR as an example): LINE_DESCR NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30 CHAR)
5. Re-build / Re-create the same record, using Build script file. Make sure that 'Recreate table if it already exists' is selected in Build Settings.
6. Run the generated script either through SQLplus or SQLDeveloper.
7. Using SQLplus, execute command DESC on the created record to inspect the Char(30) Field.
8. DESC shows (using field LINE_DESCR as an example): LINE_DESCR NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document