EEX 9.2: Escalations Program Abends At Step EOAW_NEM_PRC.MAIN.Step02 Due To Expense Report Submitted, Withdrawn, And Deleted
(Doc ID 2588210.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the Notification and Escalation Manager AE Program (EOAW_NEM_PRC) for Expense Reports that have been submitted, but not yet acted upon by their routed Approvers, should at least one of those transactions been withdrawn and deleted by the User, it causes the process to end up in No Success.
1) Enable Expense Report Approvals, and also rerouting/escalations should the submitted transactions not be acted upon within a pre-defined time-span
2) Create a new Expense Report transaction
3) Submit the Expense Report for approvals
4) Confirm that the Expense Report has been successfully routed to the required approval levels
5) Proceed to withdraw from approvals the submitted Expense Report
6) Follow through by manually deleting the affected Expense Report via the online delivered functionality
7) Run the Notification and Escalation Manager AE Program (EOAW_NEM_PRC) to re-route/escalate any outstanding submitted Expense Report transactions
8) The Notification and Escalation Manager AE Program (EOAW_NEM_PRC) ends up in No Success, with an Error Message
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
" Running Action APPROVALACTIVITYEMAIL (18081,3045)
Caught Exception: Approval process 'ERApproval' has no instantiated process with Id 190737. (18081,1052) EOAW_CORE.Utils.OnExecute Name:GetThreadRecDetails PCPC:28124 Statement:634
Called from:EOAW_EMAIL.EmailSender.OnExecute Name:notifyAction Statement:98
Called from:EOAW_NEM.Action.OnExecute Name:EventAction Statement:56
Called from:EOAW_NEM_PRC.MAIN.GBL.default.1900-01-01.Step02.OnExecute Statement:32
Process 11357064 ABENDED at Step EOAW_NEM_PRC.MAIN.Step02 (PeopleCode) -- RC = 20 (108,524) "
As the Notification and Escalation Manager AE Program (EOAW_NEM_PRC) ends up in No Success, any submitted Expense Report transactions that have not yet been acted upon by their routed Approvers after the pre-defined time limit has been passed, and should be re-routed/escalated, do not get processed altogether.
Those Expense Report transactions that have been submitted, later withdrawn, and finally deleted, should not be picked up by the Notification and Escalation Manager AE Program (EOAW_NEM_PRC) for processing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document