ELA: Issue With Payment Gaps For Back-dated Entries During Lease Transition (ASC842) To Include Transaction Date Criteria To Identify Exceptions.
(Doc ID 2591663.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Lease Administration - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue with payment Gaps for back-dated entries during Lease Transition (ASC842).
As per the Oracle Red Paper, "Only payments dated on or after your organization’s transition date are included in the review, since capitalization occurs on the transition date and includes only future dated payments". However, it has been observed that the process includes the exceptions prior to the Transition date as well. We had faced this issue in our working environment, which we are able to replicate in Demo with an existing Lease.
Also, it has been noted that the validation step in AppEngine: RE_TRANSITN.VALIDATE.Step08, corresponding to the exception view 'PS_RE_LS_EXCPT_VW' doesn't include the date criteria.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Transition Date: 09/01/2019
2) Lease Number: 0000000131 BU: US001
3) There is a gap prior to '09/01/2019', which should not be considered during transition as per the red paper.
4) Run the process 'Capitalize Operating Leases in AM - RE_TRANSITN'.
5) Click on error details hyperlink in the grid against the Lease Number.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document