Purchase Order Acknowledgment (POA) Displays Blank Instead of Zero When Supplier Sends Out Quantity or Price as Zero
(Doc ID 2593535.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The quantity and price fields on the Purchase Order Acknowledgement (POA) should display zero if receiving zero from suppliers. That way all fields on the POA will express a consistent behavior. When a buyer reviews the POA from supplier, the right column on the POA page displays the original value and left column shows the new value. When the change order process runs, it updates the new value to the PO. If the left column is blank, it means that the given field will remain unaffected on the PO. However, this condition is different for quantity and price fields. If the quantity or price is received as zero from supplier, the POA page displays them as blank (instead of zero) on the left column. This causes the buyer to assume that the values will remain unchanged like any other field. But when the change order process runs, the quantity and price are updated the zero on the PO. It is expected that the quantity and price fields should display zero if we received zero from suppliers. That way all fields on the POA will express a consistent behavior. The buyer will understand that the quantity and price will be updated to zero when he approves the POA.
This is a usability issue with Purchase Order Acknowledgement (POA) that comes in through EDX mode.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue
1. Create a PO and dispatch it. Navigation: Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs
2. Load a POA xml file through Integration Broker. Navigation: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Service Utilities > Handler Tester.
3. The POA is now processed and waiting for buyer review. Enter the link or go directly to Manage PO Acknowledgements page.
4. While reviewing the POA response, the quantity and price field are displayed as blank when the supplier sends 0 qty or $0 price.
5. Run the Load Change Requests, Approve Change Requests and Process Change Orders processes one by one or run PO Auto Change Process (PO_AUTO_CHNG ) in one go.
6. Now the POA is updated.
• Line 1 has no change
• Line 2 price is updated as expected.
• Line 3 price is updated as $0 as expected. However, the POA did not display the price as $0
• Line 4 qty and price came as 0 from vendor and hence the line is cancelled as expected. However the POA did not display quantity as 0 and price as $0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document