EPY: CAN - System Continues To Calculate Employment Insurance Taxable Gross Once Employee Has Reached The Limit
(Doc ID 2598498.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The system continues to calculate Employment Insurance Taxable Gross once the Employee had reached the limit of $51,700. It happens when there is a few cents left for the taxable gross on the next pay period.
The system should stop calculating Employment Insurance Taxable Gross once the Employee has reached the limit.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Hired an employee for 2019
2. Paid on the first pay period 53,099.84 (53,100 - 53,099.84 = .16)
3. Confirmed the paycheque to confirm the amount for taxable gross of 53,099.84
4. Paid the employee on the 2nd pay period his regular salary
5. Verified the review paycheque that even though there is no more tax amount to be taken for Employment Insurance, the system is adding that salary to the Employment Insurance Taxable Gross which brings it over to the maximum
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document