(Bug 28794513) PERS_EMERGNCY_CONTACT_SYNC - COUNTRY Change From CS Not Updating HCM
(Doc ID 2598704.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Campus Solutions 9.2 (prior to PUM 14)
Human Capital Management (prior to PUM 29)
When a user opens an existing Emergency Contact that has a blank value for Country Code through the Profile > Emergency Contacts page and then saves without making any changes, the Country Code value for that emergency contact is set to USA. This is an error, but it triggers a PERS_EMERGNCY_CONTACT_SYNC message in environments that have integration setup in place. This PERS_EMERGNCY_CONTACT_SYNC message does not update the corresponding Country Code value on the HCM side as expected.
In this single scenario there are two identified problems:
- Saving the SCC_EMERG_CNTCT_FL component without making any changes should not cause a blank country code value to update to 'USA'.
- When a PERS_EMERGNCY_CONTACT_SYNC message is received by HCM, it should handle Country Code updates in cases where there are existing blank values on either the CS or HCM side.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into Campus Solutions as a Student
- From the Student Homepage, select the Profile Tile
- Select the Emergency Contacts page
- Select the Plus sign to add a new contact
- Enter any Name, any relationship, and a phone number
- Query the PS_EMERGENCY_CNTCT table for the ID you logged in as. You should notice that the new Emergency was added to the table and the COUNTRY field is blank at this point in CS. The new emergency contact also exists in HCM and the data looks the same.
- Go back to the same Emergency Contact entry that you just added for the student and DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES. Simply SAVE
- Query the PS_EMERGENCY_CNTCT table for the ID you logged in as. You should notice that the new Emergency was added to the table and the COUNTRY field is set to USA at this point in CS. The COUNTRY field is still blank in HCM.
- There will be two PERS_EMERGNCY_CONTACT_SYNC Service Operation Publication messages from CS and 2 Subscription messages in HCM for the student ID. The first Publication/Subscription will be the ADD action, with COUNTRY set to blank. The second Publication/Subscription messages will be for the Update action, with the COUNTRY field set to USA.
As a consequence of this issue, CS/HCM environments that are not updated to their latest respective version levels may find that their emergency contact data is out of sync.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document