E-SEC: Difference in Operating System Specific Endianness Causes SQL to Error on Processes That Need to Encrypt/Decrypt Credit Card Information
(Doc ID 2599739.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 10, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue reported on FSCM 9.2 PUM Image# 31 on PT 8.57.06.
Difference In Operating System Specific Endianness Causes SQL To Error On Processes That Need To Encrypt/Decrypt Credit Cards.
The issue seems to impact all batch processes that need to encrypt/decrypt credit cards:
- PO_CCPCRDSTG – Load Procurement Card Stage
- EX_DATA_LOAD – Travel Card Load
- EX_TRAN_PRCS – Expense Posting process
The following error is logged in the Application Engine log file:
Web/App Server: IBM AIX 7.1 (Big Endian)
DB/Batch Server: Oracle Exadata OEL 7.6 (Little Endian)
Database is set to use:
- Western European character set (8bit) - WE8ISO8859P15
- National Character Set: UTF8 – Unicode 3.0 UTF-8 Universal character set, CESU-8 compliant (8-bit)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
[Using Process PO_CCPCRDSTG - Load Procurement Card Stage as example]
1. Ensure that you have a sample credit card file to load
2. Place file in a place where the process PO_CCPCRDSTG can pick it up.
3. Create a new Run control
a. Navigation: Purchasing, Procurement Cards, Process Statements, Load ProCard Stage
4. Run the process
5. Process will go to Success
6. Now navigate to: PeopleTools> Security> Encryption> Algorithm Keyset
7. Search for - 3des_ks168_cbc_encrypt
8. Algorithm Keyset for the above id is displayed
9. Go to the key value and change the last digit
11. Update the digit back to what it was
13. Search for - 3des_ks168_cbc_decrypt
14. Algorithm Keyset for the above id is displayed
15. Go to the key value and change the last digit
17. Update the digit back to what it was
19. Now navigate to: PeopleTools> Security> Encryption> Encryption Profile
20. Search for - PS_CREDIT_CARD_DECRYPT
21. Go to the Parameter Value IV and update last digit
23. Update the digit back to what it was
25. Search for - PS_CREDIT_CARD_ENCRYPT
26. Go to the Parameter Value IV and update last digit
28. Update the digit back to what it was
30. Navigate to Purchasing, Procurement Cards, Process Statements, Load ProCard Stage
31. Re-run the process
32. Process goes to No Success.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document