ELA: Activating An Amendment Creates Duplicate Entries In Asset Management
(Doc ID 2618973.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Lease Administration - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When activating a Lease Amendment for early termination in a closed period, an error occurs. If the period is opened and the lease amendment is activated and saved, duplicate ADJ entries are created in the Leased Asset. These duplicate entries are inserted into the ps_cost, ps_open_trans and ps_dist_ln tables.
The expectation is that duplicate ADJ transactions will not be created when opening a period during the lease activation process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an Operating Lease in the Lease Administration pages. Periods will have to be open at this stage.
2. Generate Straight Line, Calculate Depreciation, Create Accounting Entries, and Run Depreciation Close.
3. Close periods from the Period in which you want to amend the lease onwards.
4. Amend the Lease by updating the lease termination and payment end dates as desired.
5. Attempt to activate the lease. Lease will not activate as period is closed.
6. Open the periods.
7. Activate the Lease Amendment successfully.
8. Generate Straight Line, Calculate Depreciation, Create Accounting Entries, and Run Depreciation Close.
9. The Lease Asset is updated with duplicate ADJs.
Please refer to the replication steps.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document