ABMGT: UNABLE TO SUBMIT ABSENCE - "REASON REQUIRED, PLEASE ENTER A VALUE FOR REASON" ON ABSENCE WHICH DOES NOT REQUIRE REASON
(Doc ID 2620186.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 17, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- One take requires reason; the other does not
- Both require forecasting
- Entries via time sheet only, not via Absence Request page
- Employee adds absence via time sheet for the take requiring reason; follows reason and forecast rules and submits entry
- For a preceding date, employee adds 2nd absence via time sheet for the take NOT requiring reason, follows forecast rule and attempts to submit entry.
- Receives error message "Reason is required, please enter a value for Reason"
Since this take does not require a reason, there is no field to edit on the absence request row. Employee can't complete this request.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document