EAR 9.2: DEIU Step 2 Data Integrity Errors "Data being added conflicts with existing data." When Creating Mapping
(Doc ID 2624909.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new DEIU Map Definition, the second step (Source) returns an error stating "Data being added conflicts with existing data."
Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2)
When adding a new item to the database, the system found a conflicting item
This problem can happen if another user has entered similar information at
the same time as you. Note the changes you have made, cancel the page, then
retry your changes.
If the problem persists, it may be because of an application or other
programming error and should be reported to technical support staff.
This error occurs when the keys on the record being inserted match a record
that is already in the database. The application must ensure that each
inserted record has unique keys.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate Set Up Financial/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Data Export Import Utility > Map Definition
2. Add a New Value
3. Enter required fields
4. Set the map as Active, Public, and Copy From BANK_RECON_SD_MAP
5. Click Next
6. Select PS Document as Logical Type
7. Package = Bank Reconciliation
Document = BNK_STMT_PRSE_V
Version = V1
8. Mapping Definition is VALIDATED successfully, SUBMITTED and user EXITS page.
User then comes back and updates source in Map Definition TESTGM to point to a different document.
9. Select BNK_SDADDND_TBL
10. No changes to TARGET
Criteria is cleared out. So, user re-enters criteria
11. Data integrity error is triggered upon SAVE. User can exit and re-enter and error is triggered every time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document