HR: Managers Can Enter Selected Employee As New Supervisor For GSS Reporting Change Transaction
(Doc ID 2625606.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a manager submits a GSS Reporting Change, they can select the employee as the new Supervisor. Subsequently, the employee can then approve the Reporting Change with no errors and become their own Supervisor.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as an Administrator
2. Navigate to Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Approvals > Approval Process Setup
Search for GSSReportingChgEmployee and make Definition ID: ManagerOnly Active
And Definition ID: ByPosnSupervisor Inactive
3. Navigation: PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > Clone User Profile
Copy BLOCHERTY to create SHOINCK and assign User Profile to EMPLID: KU0119
4. As BLOCHERTY, Navigate to: Manager Self Service homepage > My Team tile
5. Select related actions for Susan Hoinck > Job and Personal Information > Request Reporting Change
6. Select Susan Hoinck as new Supervisor Name, click Next
7. Click Submit
8. As SHOINCK, Navigation: Manager Self Service homepage > Approvals tile
9. Select submitted Requested Reporting Change
10. Approve and Submit the Transaction
11. Select Approvals History from Actions List
12. Observe Employee can approve their own transaction.
NOTE: In this document above user details / company name / address / email / telephone number represent a fictitious sample (based upon made up data used in the Oracle Demo Vision instance). Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and not intended in any manner.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document