ECA - Splitting the Accounting Distribution on an Amount-Based Contract Line May Cause a Rounding Error in CA_BP_SCHEDULE if Billing Manages Revenue
(Doc ID 2626993.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Billing Manages Revenue for an amount-based contract line, if the accounting distribution on the line splits into multiple distributions, a rounding error may be introduced in CA_BP_SCHEDULE when a bill plan is set to Ready. This happens if the bill plan has multiple events and the first event is deleted and a new one added.
- Create a contract and add a rate-based line.
- Drill down on the contract line accounting distribution and split the line to multiple revenue lines with unique chartfield combinations.
- Set revenue plan to Billing Manages Revenue.
- Create a milestone bill plan with multiple events. Delete the first event and add a new one.
- Activate the contract and query the CA_BP_SCHEDULE rows.
The sum of the UAR rows for an event will not equal the corresponding REV rows. This prevents successful billing because this transaction data then errors when running the Process Billing interface process (BIJOBI01) as the totals don't balance ('Error 0520 - Acct <> 100%, 0% or GrossExt...').
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document