EAM: Period Not Open MSG Given When Entering Accounting Entries In Open Period via Online Review Financial Entries Component
(Doc ID 2627715.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accounting Entries are being entered manually through the online Asset Accounting Entries - Detail page (Asset Management > Accounting Entries> Review Financial Entries).
After entering both the DR/CR both accounting entries in the current open accounting period and clicking 'Save', the following error message was displayed and the entries could not be saved.
'The Accounting Date, 2011-05-01, is not open. The open period for <Business Unit> is from 2019-08-01-to 2019-08-31. Open Period can be maintained in Open Period Update page.'
The issue can be reproduced by performing the following steps:
1. Create an asset.
2. Run Calculate Depreciation, Create Accounting Entries, and Close Depreciation.
3. Open the periods in AM and GL for a future period (a period beyond the period of the ADD transaction).
4. Navigate to Review Financial Entries and ADD the CR/DR Accounting Entries for depreciation with an accounting date in the open period.
5. Save the entries. The error message listed above is displayed.
6. Note that the accounting date being used in the edit is from the ADD transaction not the accounting date entered for the new DPR transaction in point 4 above.
7. Note that manually entered accounting entries are not posted to the ps_dist_ln table.
Please find attached the Replication Steps.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document