EAR9.2: How To Solve Situation when Groups Are In ACTOB And Error Message Log for ARUPDATE Shows 'Post Aborded To Avoid Abend'?
(Doc ID 2630485.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Can be provided a permanent fix which can be handled by process itself without manual intervention so that such groups will be successfully posted in the system?
Solution given in Doc ID 2502360.1 is more a corrective way which can be used post groups went to ACTOB error.
Customer business scenario shows that ARUPDATE job went to success posted, but the message log of AR_PGG1 process shows message “Post ABORTED to avoid abend.
Changing the Sequence of System Transaction Definition ARIT to a value <> 501.” , as per existent recommendations, did not solve customer's issue:
- EAR 9.2: AR Update Ends Up In Success, But Does Not Generate Accounting Entries, While Issuing Message: Post ABORTED To Avoid Abend. (Doc ID 2502360.1)
- Bug 26614205 - AR: INFO - ARUPDATE MESSAGE LOG SHOWS 'POST ABORTED TO AVOID ABEND'
As per recommendation from Bug 26614205, customer followed below steps, but groups were not corrected.
1) Run the SQL Statement listed below:
SELECT MAX(DST_SEQ_NUM), MIN(DST_SEQ_NUM) FROM PS_ITEM_DST .
2) This will provide the range of values currently being used in the system for Distribution Sequence Numbers on Accounting Entries. Choose a value that is outside of the range obtained, recommended in the upper side.
3) Log into the FSCM Online Application as a System Administrator User, and navigate to the below path:
- Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Inter/Intra Unit > System Transaction Definition.
4) Open the System Transaction mentioned in the Post Aborted Error Message (In this case: ARIT).
5) Go to the System Transaction 2 tab.
6) Scroll down to the field SEQUENCE.
7) In the edit box, place there the new value chosen.
8) Save the changes.
9) Re-run AR_UPDATE AE Program for the transaction affected, and this time all needed Accounting Entries should be created as per expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document