E-508: Checkboxes Are Incorrectly Read by JAWS on IE 11
(Doc ID 2631665.1)
Last updated on JULY 28, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When in Accessibility Mode, using JAWS, and working on pages with checkboxes, it was noted that JAWS was not reading the checkboxes' labels correctly - at times, it was reading the label of the checkbox below, rather than the one in context. That issue was only observed in IE 11; it was not observed in Firefox or Chrome.
Example of replication:
1. Enable JAWS screen reader.
2. Login to a Financials environment.
3. Navigate to Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry.
4. Open an existing Voucher.
5. Tab to the 'Tax Exempt Flag' checkbox.
Result: JAWS reads 'Estimated No. of Invoice Lines checkbox' instead of 'Tax Exempt Flag'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document