EAP: Period End Accrual (FS_PEACCRL) Creates Extra Rows on VCHR_ACCTG_LINE For Pennies
(Doc ID 2631744.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multi-line PO is created where the Unit price has 3 digits to the right of the decimal point (e.g. 1.884). Voucher is created from the PO, and Receipt is eventually created from the PO.
When Period End Accrual is run, the process is creating extra rows on VCHR_ACCTG_LINE for pennies if Receipt Accrual was run prior.
The code causing the problem is in Step AP_PEACCRL.BA100.Step06. The last line of that SQL statement is as follows:
AND ABS(DIST.FOREIGN_AMOUNT) < ABS(RECV.FOREIGN_AMOUNT)
This code is creating the penny entries due to the following:
-- the ABS(DIST.FOREIGN_AMOUNT) is looking at the PS_DISTRIB_LINE.FOREIGN_AMOUNT
-- the ABS(RECV.FOREIGN_AMOUNT) is looking at the PS_VCHR_RECV_MTCH.MERCH_AMT_RECVAPPL
The difference between these fields are the extra penny rows created on VCHR_ACCTG_LINE.
1. Period End Accruals Options page setup:
-- Add Field Name = MATCH_STATUS_VCHR
-- Value = E
2. Purchasing Definition setup
-- Check the box for Accrue PO Receipts
3. Create a 6 line PO with the PO Qty / Unit Prices as follows:
Line 1 -- 20 / 21.177
Line 2 -- 20 / 15.967
Line 3 -- 6 / 29.373
Line 4 -- 12 / 1.884
Line 5 -- 3 / 103.096
Line 6 -- 10 / 3.370
4. PO Date = 07/01/2019, has Receiving Required and Matching is turned on
5. Dispatch the PO
6. Create a PO Voucher from the PO, Invoice Date and Accounting Date = 07/03/2019
7. For Invoice Line 3, change the Quantity from 6 to 5 and Unit Price from 29.373 to 29.383
8. Run Matching for the PO Voucher
9. PO Voucher has Match Exceptions for all 6 Invoice Lines
10. Run Period End Accrual for Accounting Date = 07/31/2019
11. Query of VCHR_ACCTG_LINE shows all 6 lines with the appropriate amounts
12. Create Receipt from the PO for only Lines 1 - 5 with Receipt Date = 08/02/2019
13. For Receipt Line 3, change the Quantity from 6 to 5
14. Run Accrue Receipts for the Receipt with Accounting Date = 08/30/2019
15. Run Matching for the PO Voucher
16. PO Voucher has Match Exceptions for Invoice Lines 3 and 6
17. Run Period End Accrual for Accounting Date = 08/30/2019
18. Query of VCHR_ACCTG_LINE shows that extra rows were created for Invoice Lines 3, 4 and 5 for pennies due to the above explanation
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document