1098-T SFP1098P COBOL Is Not Calculating Prior Year Adjustment Correctly in Multi Business Unit Configuration
(Doc ID 2632154.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 26, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Campus Solutions 9.2 the 1098-T is incorrectly calculating the Box 4 (prior period adjustments) for some students.
1098-T eligible Charge and associated Payment transactions for multiple Business Units happen to have the same Item Number for a Payment. A payment item number for one Business Unit was reversed in the following year and should be reflected on the 1098-T as a Box 4 item. The Box 4 amount incorrectly includes the Payments for both Business Units. The student has a payment with the same item number unrelated to 1098-T processing.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
For prior tax year payment 1 for Business Unit 1 and payment 1 for Business Unit 2 is reported as follows:
1. Business Unit 1 Payment 1 posted as Item Nbr 12 = 999.00
Business Unit 2 Payment 1 posted as Item Nbr 12 = 888.00
2. In 2019 reverse Payment 1 for Business Unit 2
2. In current tax year for Business Unit 1, tuition calculation reversed and re-posted Charges associated with Payment 1 with a net effect = 0.00
3. The 1098-T for the current tax year is reporting $1887.00 (sum of payment item number 1 for both payments) in Box 4;
4. The amount that should be reported for the current tax year is $888.00
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document