Duplicate EE SEQ NUM on PO_LINE_DISTRIB Created When Using Multiple Accounting Tags
(Doc ID 2632287.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Duplicate EE SEQ NUM created when using multiple accounting tags.
When users create a PO using multiple accounting tags and save the PO, the PO is created with duplicate EE SEQ NUM on the PO_LINE_DISTRIB table. And, when such POs have their distributions changed after the PO goes through approval, the budget check fails or runs to no success.
Note that all POs with the duplicate EE SEQ NUM do not necessarily fail when budget checked the first time. They fail only when a change has been made after the initial budget check.
1. Go to Setup Financials/Supply Chain->Common Definitions->Design ChartFields->Accounting Tags->Tag Registration by Products. Select Purchasing.
2. Go to Setup Financials/Supply Chain->Common Definitions->Design ChartFields->Accounting Tags->Tag Groups. Make sure that Tag Group exists.
3. Go to Setup Financials/Supply Chain->Common Definitions->Design ChartFields->Accounting Tags->Assign Tag Groups.
Add Component Name PURCHASE_ORDER
4. Go to Setup Financials/Supply Chain->Common Definitions->Design ChartFields->Accounting Tags->Accounting Tags
You can create new Accounting Tags (PO_TEST) and define the Chartfield Distributions.
1. Create PO
2. Go to Distribution lines and do to Multi-Accounting Tags link.
3. Select Accounting tag 'PO_TEST' created above. Inform quantity 10. OK.
4. Save PO and Validate Budget Check.
5. Query PO_LINE_DISTRIB: "SELECT BUSINESS_UNIT,PO_ID,LINE_NBR,SCHED_NBR,DISTRIB_LINE_NUM,MERCHANDISE_AMT,EE_SEQ_NUM FROM PS_PO_LINE_DISTRIB WHERE PO_ID = 'XXXXXXXXXX';"
All lines have EE_SEQ_NUM = 1.
6. Query from PO_HDR: "SELECT EE_SEQ_NUM FROM PS_PO_HDR WHERE PO_ID = 'XXXXXXXXXX';"
The field EE_SEQ_NUM = 5
7. Change PO quantity to 20. The Budget Check Status is 'Not Checked'
8. Run Budget Check. Process abended:
"ABENDED at Step FS_BP_STAO.GetPrior.GetPrior (SQL) -- RC = 1427"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document