In AWE, When Multiple Stage Approval Is Required By Same Approver,Then Approver is Not Able to Approve In Multiple Stages of Approval
(Doc ID 2634062.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In AWE,if multiple Stage approval is required, then Approver cannot approve if approver is part of Two Stages.
For e.g. In AWE, If user configures multiple Stage approvals, The Approver who approves in Stage 1 is not able to approve in Stage 4.
When Approver, approves @ Stage 1, in summary detail table(ps_eoaw_Summ_dtl) for that user, the status has been updated as "A" approved . Then when it is again pending with same user on Stage 4, Stepinst and Userinst populated correctly but PS_SUMMARY_TBL is not updated with "pending" status. So, through page composer user is not able to approve the request.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Setup HCM>Common Definitions>Approval Process setup>Select any AWE transaction
2. Change approval steps to include same approver in multiple stages of approval
3. Go to Manager Self service>Submit AWE transaction
4. Login as Manager>Go to MSS>Pending approvals tile>and approve 1st step of approval.
5. If same manager is approver in 4th step of approval process of the AWE transaction, when manager logs into approve,
manager gets message- "You have no pending approvals at this time"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document