ISIR Load Process FAPSAR00 Creates Personal Data Records With 'A's Padded At The End Of Names
(Doc ID 2634343.1)
Last updated on APRIL 28, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the processes to import then load federal ISIRs, new applicants being added to the system are created with incorrect name values with multiple 'A' characters at the end of the LAST_NAME_SRCH, FIRST_NAME_SRCH and NAME_DISPLAY_SRCH fields on the PS_NAMES table.
As a result, search/match can fail to find a name match as documented in <Note 2634317.1>. In other cases, the process may actually fail with a 'ORA-12899: value too large for column' error.
The issue can be replicated at will with the following steps:
- Run Financial Aid > File Management > Import Federal Data Files > FA Inbound to process ISIR message classes.
- Run Financial Aid > File Management > ISIR Import > Process ISIRs > ISIR File Load to load the ISIRs.
- Click link to 'Process Monitor' to verify if the process ran to success or error status.
- If the process ended in error status, click the details link, view/log trace link (not the message log), and the link to the log file in the file list, to verify the error.
- Query PS_NAMES and fields LAST_NAME_SRCH, FIRST_NAME_SRCH and NAME_DISPLAY_SRCH for new students added to the system by the ISIR process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document