EAP WTHD19: 1099 Correction Process Generating Additional 1099 Copy B Forms When Changes Are Not Made For Suppliers With Multiple Locations
(Doc ID 2634367.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running the Withholding Sent File process, a correction is made to one Supplier. The 1099 Job is run and a corrected Copy B is generated for this Supplier. However, there are additional 1099 Copy B's generated for other Suppliers where no corrections were made. These are Suppliers with multiple Locations. In addition, these Suppliers do not appear in the IRS file.
1. Suppliers USA0000070 and USA0000071
a. Both Suppliers setup with 2 Addresses and 2 Locations
b. All Locations 1099 Reporting to Supplier's Address 1
2. USA0000070 > add one Voucher for each Supplier Location
a. Loc 1 = 1000.00
b. Loc 2 = 1001.00
3. USA0000071 > add one Voucher for each Supplier Location
a. Loc 1 = 2000.00
b. Loc 2 = 2001.00
4. 1099 Job
a. IRS_001_CORP_203362_ORIG_NEC.TXT generated with correct entries for USA0000070 and USA0000071
b. 1099 Misc Copy B Forms are correct
5. Withholding Sent File > WTHD_SENT_DTL entries correct for USA0000070 and USA0000071
6. Make correction to USA0000071 Loc 2 > Add Legacy row to reduce original reported amount
a. Original = 2001.00
b. Legacy = -500.00
c. Correction amount total = 1501.00
7. 1099 Job > box checked for 'Has the 1099-MISC containing Box 7 Non Employee Compensation file been sent to the IRS?'
8. IRS_001_CORP_203372.TXT Correction file > one entry for USA0000071 = 1501.00, this is correct
9. 1099 MISC Copy B Form > 2 forms generated - not correct
a. USA0000071 > CORRECTION box checked > Box 7 contains increased corrected amount
b. Additional 1099 Misc Copy B generated for USA0000070 but no corrections were made to this Supplier CORRECTED box not checked
c. Also, this additional 1099 Misc Copy B generated for USA0000070, shows the amount only for Loc 1 > Original 1099 Misc Copy B was a total of Loc 1 and 2 = 2001.00
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document