ECA: CA_PCT_UPD Process Failed With the Event Number Filed Size Limitation - CA_PCT_UPD ABENDED at Step CA_PCT_UPD.RevSched.PassVal (PeopleCode) -- RC = 8 (108,524)
(Doc ID 2634774.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CA_PCT_UPD process failed at Step CA_PCT_UPD.RevSched.PassVal (PeopleCode) -- RC = 8 (108,524) for a contract that has more than 999 revenue events. The following error statement is seen in the log.
1. Create a project and activity.
2. Create a contract with an amount-based line and assign the project & activity to it.
3. Assign a percent-complete revenue plan with Percent source as project.
4. Activate the contract
5. Update the project to increment the percent complete.
6. Run CA_UPD_PCT -this creates a revenue event. Run revenue recognition to set the event to In Progress.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 another 998 times or use a script to insert up to 999 events in CA_AP_EVENT for the bill plan.
8. Once there are 999 events, repeat steps 5 and 6 one more time to generate the error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document