Accessibility: Candidate Gateway: Self Identify - Veteran Page Checkboxes and Radio Buttons When Applying for Job
(Doc ID 2636149.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Candidate Gateway on the Self Identify - Veteran page when applying for a job there are two issues.
1) Checkboxes between radio buttons are being read as switches when they are checkboxes on Firefox and on IE11 they are not found as checkboxes by JAWs.
2) The radio buttons are not read as a set. For example, 1 of 1 instead of 1 of 4. This presents a big issue because the user cannot move through the selection using the keyboard and does not know that there are multiple choices.
1) Set the option for the site to have self identify veteran.
2) Login using PS/PS and select screen reader mode.
3) Login to a CG user or create a new one then apply for a job.
4) On the Self Identify page select one of the radio buttons to hear the options then move through the selections to hear how all of the checkboxes and radio buttons are announced.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document