Approval Fails if Multiple GSS Approval Transactions are Submitted at the Same Time
(Doc ID 2638962.1)
Last updated on JUNE 15, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Manager with final approval authority for multiple types of transactions to be approved are unable to approve more than one type of transaction in the same session without getting an error in Guided Self Service Requests.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in as Administrator
2. Select Manager Self Service Tile
3. Select My Team Tile
4. From the related actions menu of an employee in a position, select Job Information > Request Reporting Change. Note: employee must be the only person in that position or else the transaction will require administrative intervention and test will not be valid.
5. Enter a current effective date, any action reason, and input a new location.
6. Click Next button
7. Click Submit button
8. Navigate back to My Team Tile
9. Select a different employee. Then select Compensation > Request Ad Hoc Salary Change Request from the related actions menu.
10. Enter current effective date, any action reason, and input % change.
11. Click Next button
12. Click Submit button
13. Logout as PS
AT THIS POINT, the two transactions should be waiting to be approved in the approval tile queue.
14. Login as the Approver
15. Click on the Approvals Tile
16. First approve the Ad Hoc Salary Change Request.
17. Second approve the Reporting Change Request. Note: The two approvals must be done within the same login session. If the user logs out and logs back in before approving the second transaction, the test is not valid.
18. Logout of Approver account
AT THIS POINT, both transactions will be approved.
19. Login as Administrator
20. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Self Service Transactions > Guided Self Service Requests
21. Enter current date as Transaction Date and click Search
22. The two transactions you just approved appear in the list.
23. Click into the Ad Hoc Salary Change. The transaction should have updated job data successfully.
24. Click into the Reporting Change Request. The transaction should have received an error.
25. Click the View Errors/Warnings for this Transaction link.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document