Accessibility: Candidate Gateway: Improve Navigation of Application Using Keyboard
(Doc ID 2641593.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When navigating through the steps to complete an application in Candidate Gateway, the steps in the Activity Guide navigation area are links, but the links cannot be used to navigate to a step until that step is in progress or completed. The links are in the tab order and have no visible indication that they cannot be used.
If a user does not use a mouse and must navigate the interactive elements sequentially, after completing each step the user must navigate back to the top to the "Next" button to move forward.
However, while navigating backwards through the interactive elements, the user will first encounter the Activity Guide navigation, which appears to be available to navigate the steps.
Activating the link for the next step in the application results in an error message, "Please select the Next button or forward arrow in the banner to advance to the next step". For this person with limited mobility, there are needless extra keystrokes.
Using only a keyboard:
1) Enter the external Candidate Gateway.
2) Sign in.
3) Select "View All Jobs".
4) Select a position.
5) Activate the "Apply for Job" button.
6) The application opens.
7) Navigate to the checkbox and accept terms and conditions.
8) Navigate backwards (Shift-Tab), noting that you navigate through the Activity Guide navigation before reaching the "Next" button.
9) Try to activate the link for Step 2, which appears to be active.
10) Receive the error message "Please select the Next button or forward arrow in the banner to advance to the next step."
11) Dismiss the error message.
12) Navigate to the "Next" button to continue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document