EAM: General Ledger Balancing Entries Not Created for Group Assets When Transferring Between 2 AM Business Units but Within 1 GL Business Unit
(Doc ID 2641748.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An InterUnit Transfer (IUT) for Group Assets between 2 Asset Management (AM) Business Units (BU) that are both defined to the same General Ledger (GL) Business Unit does not generate the General Ledger Balancing entries in the ps_dist_ln table. This IUT is an IntraUnit Transfer from the standpoint of GL. When an IUT for Group Assets occurs between 2 AM BUs and 2 GL BUs, the GL Balancing Entries are generated. This IUT is an InterUnit Transfer from the standpoint of GL
It is expected that GL Balancing entries will be created for the IUT between Group IDs in the following configuration:
AM BU US003 to US103
GL BU US003 to US003
The GL Balancing entries are created successfully for the IUT between Group IDs in the following configuration:
AM BU US003 to US103
GL BU US003 to US103
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set Up the GL Ledger Group for IntraUnit Transfer.
2. Set up the AM BU 1 to point to the GL BU 1. Set up the AM BU 2 to point to the GL BU 1.
3. Create Group ID 1 in AM BU 1 and Group ID 2 in AM BU 2.
4. Create Group Member Asset 1 in Group ID 1.
5. Consolidate and Depreciate Group ID 1.
6. Perform an IUT to transfer Group Member Asset 1 in Group ID 1 to Group Member Asset 2 in Group ID 2.
7. Consolidate and Depreciate Group ID 1.
8. Create Accounting Entries for Group ID 1, Group Member Asset 1, and Group Member Asset 2.
9. Verify the results in the ps_dist_ln table. This is the scenario that results in no GL Balancing entries generated.
10. Rerun the above with changes to point 2: Set up the AM BU 2 to point to the GL BU 2.
11. Run steps 3 - 8.
12. Verify the results in the ps_dist_ln table. This is the scenario that results in GL Balancing entries being generated.
See Replication for incorrect scenario (2 AM BUs to 1 GL BU).
See Replication for correct scenario (2 AM BUs to 2 GL BUs).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document