EAM9.2:Bonus Depreciation Not Applied to Copied Assets.
(Doc ID 2647225.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When copying assets with applicable Bonus Depreciation, the copied asset does not have the Bonus applied, even though the Bonus is on the original Asset and Profile ID.
Steps to replicate:
1. Define a new Depreciation Bonus
(Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Asset Management > Depreciation > Depreciation Bonus)
2. Create an Asset Profile where Depreciation Bonus can be applied for Books
(Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Asset Management > Profiles > Asset Profiles)
Note that at the Tax tab (for Book Name B), the Depreciation Bonus = Tax Cut Job Act with Bonus Percent = 100.00 as been marked/applied.
3. Using Express Add, create an Asset using the new Profile ID with Depreciation Bonus applied
(Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Owned Assets > Express Add)
Note that for Book B, Depreciation Bonus and its percent have been applied.
4. Using Copy Existing Asset page, create a duplicate of the existing asset
(Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Owned Assets > Copy Existing Asset)
5. Finally, access the newly created asset from way of copy using Asset Book Information
(Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Asset Book Information > Define Tax/Depr Criteria)
Note that Depreciation Bonus and its Bonus Percent are 'not' copied over to the new Asset.
See replication here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document