EAM: WHEN TAG NUMBER REQ PER PAGE & FIELD CONFIG, ABEND OCCURS ON NEXT ASSET ADD
(Doc ID 2647329.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying the PRP for Bug 30270015 - EAM: WHEN TAG NUMBER REQ PER PAGE & FIELD CONFIG, ABEND OCCURS ON NEXT ASSET ADD, a data conflict error is encountered when adding and saving an asset without capitalizing the asset and then attempting to create another new asset.
When the first Asset was added, the LAST_ASSET_ID field on the PS_BUS_UNIT_TBL_AM table was not updated. The same Asset ID is then assigned to the second asset resulting in the data conflict error.
This can be verified by running the query below after creating the first and second asset. -
select LAST_ASSET_ID, * from PS_BUS_UNIT_TBL_AM.
The expectation is that the last_asset_id on the PS_BUS_UNIT_TBL_AM would be updated with the max asset id value upon saving the first asset.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up the page and field configuration for Component = BASIC Tag number is required and a default value of Y is assigned to Taggable Asset.
2. Add a new Asset - On the General Information page, provide values in the Description and Short Desc fields
3. Select a Profile ID from the Lookup list
4. Leave Tag # field blank (to test the Tag Number Required message appears)
5. Click the Save button on the General Information page
6. Click ok to dismiss the Tag Number is a required field message
7. Enter the Tag Number
8. Save the change using the Save button on the General Information page. This Asset should be saved without an issue.
9. Add another asset repeating steps above – at Step 8 you should receive the Data Conflict message like we did before.
Attached please find detailed Replications Steps.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document