EGM: GM Awards Elastic Search Query Does Not Return the Correct Results Based on Award Principal Investigator (PI)
(Doc ID 2649555.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Grants Management (GM) Awards Elastic Search Query does not return the correct results if an award Principal Investigator (PI) is changed to a person who is not also a team member on any projects.
When the award is generated, the PI is added to the project team and a row inserted into the PS_PROJ_TEAM_SCHED table. However, if the PI is changed later but has not been added to the project team for this or any other project, the GM Awards Elastic Search query will no longer return data for this award.
- If not already done, enable the Grants search as follows:
a. Navigate to PeopleTools > Search Framework > Designer > Search Category and open EP_GM_AWARDS. Click the Search Group checkbox and save.
b. Navigate to PeopleTools > Search Framework > Administration > Define Search Context. Add EP_GM_AWARDS to the Home Page search context.
c. Navigate to PeopleTools > Search Framework > Administration > Deploy/Delete Object. Verify EP_GM_AWARDS is deployed and, if not, deploy it.
d. Navigate to PeopleTools > Search Framework > Administration > Schedule Search Index and build the search index
e. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > Permission Lists. Add the search group to a permission list that the user has.
- Identify an employee who can be an award PI but who is not a member of any project team. (Search the PS_PROJ_TEAM_SCHED table to verify no project assignments)
- Update an existing award setting the Award PI to the employee found in the prior stem.
- Run the Build search index process again.
- Using the Grants Elastic search from the home page, search for the award just updated. It will not be returned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document