Fluid Position Management Component Fails to Notify Users When Incumbents Will Not be Updated
(Doc ID 2650294.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Fluid position management component does not notify users when incumbents will not be updated.
(The classic Add/Update Position Info, on the other hand, issues a message when a user saves a record that is not current: "Position record is not current. No incumbent action will be taken. (1000,194) The incumbents in this position will not be updated as the updated position record is not current.")
It is expected that there should be a notification to the users to highlight the problem
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create or identify a position with multiple rows, and with an incumbent, and with a max effdt < sysdate.
2. Through the fluid position management component, create and approve an update with an effdt < the position's max effdt.
3. Along the way, notice that no notification is issued to users about the lack of an incumbent update.
4. Navigate to Manage Position, search for the position, and click on it to navigate to Position Details. For the row added in step 2, click to access "View Position."
5. Navigate to Budget and Incumbents section of the View Position page and expand the section. Click on the CI Exceptions link. There is no useful message here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document