EAR 9.2: Write-Off Remaining Amount is Allowed Even If MT-04 And MT-05 Are Not Configured
(Doc ID 2651135.1)
Last updated on JULY 16, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During Maintenance worksheet when a credit item and debit item is selected and the remaining item balance is chosen for write-off, there is a group which is created holding the remaining balance but without any entry type. Because the group has no entry type, it never gets posted. Thus maintenance worksheet is not closing the credit and debit item. This happens only when MT-04 and MT-05 are not configured.
After the maintenance worksheet is posted, there shouldn't be any group without any entry type or the hyperlink "write-off remaining amount" shouldn't work if the system functions MT-04 & MT-05 are not configured or inactive.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. First ensure that for Maintenance worksheet there is not create debit item entry type or create credit item entry type. Don't configure MT-04 and MT-05
2. Navigate to Main Menu > Accounts Receivables > Maintenance Worksheet > Create Worksheet
3. Go to Worksheet Application page by clicking Worksheet Application hyperlink
4. Check a Debit and a Credit Item as shown below and click “Write-Off Remaining Amount”
5. Click OK on the message and Save the Worksheet. This message appeared because MT-05 was not configured.
6. Go to Worksheet Action page by clicking Worksheet Action hyperlink. Choose any Action to post the worksheet. Here “Post Now” is used and then click OK & Save.
7. A new Credit Item with blank Entry Type is created after above process was run. Users can not delete the group as the entry type is blank.
As part of the fix, PeopleCode has been modified n the "write off remaining" link to verify the transactions necessary for write-off remaining are valid for the business unit. This ensures a pending item will not be created without a valid entry type (or inactive entry type).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document