Entering Accented Characters in Class Search Sometimes Fails To Return the Expected Results
(Doc ID 2652469.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Campus Solutions 9.2 users sometimes experience an issue where expected Class Search results are not returned when attempting to use a word with accent characters ( é, è, ç ) in the keyword search field on the Class Search and Enroll (fluid class search) page. For the search to work, these users must replace accent characters with their standard character equivalents ( ç with c, etc).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Student Homepage > Manage Classes > Class Search & Enroll
2. Search for a class using a word that contains an accented character (français)
3. Observe the search results. Expected results are not returned.
4. Search for a class using the word "francais" (note, a lowercase 'c' replaces the cedilla character)
5. Observe the search results. Expected results are returned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document