E-PN/Portal: Push Notifications Counter Keeps Increasing when Using Unified Navigation Without Interaction Hub
(Doc ID 2652957.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
According to Oracle docs, Interaction Hub is not needed anymore, and any system can be used as a portal. In this case, the site is using FSCM and HR without iHub.
Push notifications is set up between Finance and HR, but the count continues to increase for no reason even though users have clicked on the notification already. The notifications are set up to go to both HR and Finance simultaneously.
The issue occurred after setting up push notifications to go to Finance from HR and from HR to Finance. The site also added the ps_theme property to the web profile, Cleared cache, and bounced everything, but the issue continued to occur.
Actually there is no clear documentation on how to set up synchronizing Push notifications across domains on PeopleTools 8.57 with Fluid branding. The goal is to make AWE Push notifications from HR to Finance and vice versa.
The behavior/issue can be replicated as follows:
1. Set up Unified Navigation between HR and Finance and vice versa
2. Enable Push Notification for HR and Finance.
3. Send Push. Push Notification (PN) flag/Badge counter/number increments.
4. Click on the flag, and the number disappears as it shows the Actions/Alerts box.
5. Close the box, and observe that the counter increases by itself for no apparent reason.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document